Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Indie-Pop Homer Simpson

I cleared out my desk at work today and had to bring a load of stuff home. Besides all the old meeting agendas and half-used packs of post-it notes, I was mildy surprised to find the following things:

One fairly unflattering grey jersey dress
Three pieces of Tupperware, including a Lakeland "half of one" container
A complete set of Carry On videos
365 Filofax pages (or, every single page from last year's diary)

In case this hints that I might be lacking in depth, I'd like to point to a dream I had on Sunday night that was so exciting that I woke myself up with delirium. "What could be so good?", I hear you ask. The answer is, of course, jumping up and down to The Vaselines while eating pink macaroons. I think that's exactly the sort of dream a woman in her mid-thirties should be indulging in. Particularly the sort of woman who now finds herself listening to Nigel Ogden's "The Organist Entertains" on Radio 2.

No comments: